About The Company
Streem delivers comprehensive and realtime Print, Online, Television, Radio and Social media intelligence to corporate and government media teams across the ANZ market, helping them to monitor, analyse and respond to news as-it-happens. A challenger business in a highly monopolised market, Streem applies technology and human intelligence to deliver customers a fast, flexible and innovative media monitoring and analysis platform on Desktop, Tablet and Mobile. Privately backed and with a Board of industry executives, Streem is seeking significant growth as it challenges the monopoly provider and presents a new and exciting media intelligence experience to the market.
About The Role
The Overnight Content Producer (Proofreader) position works between the Curating and Approving teams to compile our Curated Email Reports (we call these ‘CERs’), with a focus on refining and reworking the written portions of our executive brief to support the entire overnight (ON) team. The ON team works in unison to produce a wide range of CERs for the largest and most influential government and commercial clients in Australia and New Zealand. We work to strict deadlines to deliver these important media briefs, alongside the other media services which make up Streem’s real-time media intelligence platform.
The ON team is a hardworking group of staff from various backgrounds, who all love media, have a passion for delivering the news, and thrive on working to deadlines.
Most of our talented ON staff are located in Australia; however, some staff live abroad. While we have a head office in the centre of Sydney, we also maintain an effective remote workforce.
Sat, Sun 3am-8am (AEDT)
- Proofreading the Daily Email Reports and associated content including, but not limited to, Coverage Summaries (summarising relevant news coverage), Front Page summaries, Leading News Table, Stock Charts and more
- Producing transcripts, TV/Radio quality-control and TV/Radio media item processing
- Our proofreaders, or Daily Email Report coverage summaries and fix typos, capitalisation, spelling errors, punctuation, grammatical sense and style
- Collaboration and coordination with ON team senior leadership on day-to-day maintenance, major client deployments, and issues resolution
- Maintaining clear and consistent communication between the ON team, including Production, Builders/Curators, Proofers and Approvers as required
- Maintaining clear and consistent communication between the ON team and the internal team as needed (i.e. Account Managers, Sales, Product and Development)
- Oversight over ON team channels and workflows, much of which takes place over Slack
- Interpreting and applying customer specifications outlined by our daytime staff and addressing timely comments from our clients
- As needed, provide basic Account Management support related to Curated Email Report functions in the early morning via Phone, Email or Live Chat
- Ensure all client-related tasks are completed in accordance with internal and external service standards
Experience, Qualifications, And Skills
- Australian permanent resident/citizen, or have a broad knowledge of Australia
- Experience in media monitoring, a bachelor’s degree in media or relevant field, or currently studying media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to synthesise vast amounts of information into its necessary components
- The ability to prioritise workflows to meet consistent deadlines throughout a shift
- The ability to take initiative and adapt to changing situations, like breaking news or world events
- Proactive and enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Have a keen interest in the Australian and NZ media landscape
- Positive can-do attitude, energetic, and media-savvy
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and deadlines while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Journalism/ English Literature/ Communications/ Media or relevant field.
- Experience in media monitoring/ journalism/ report building/ or relevant field.
Benefits And Perks
- Work from our brand new Surry Hills new office, 3 mins from Central station, including end-of-trip facilities and bike storage
- Working with a group of 100+ dedicated, motivated, and loyal staff
- In-house dining (lunch) prepared by Streem’s dedicated chef 4x days per week
- External reward activities based on performance
- Access to education and training paid for by Streem, to the value of $3k per year for each staff member + access to salary sacrifice
- Additional leave including your birthday and mental health days when you need them
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), providing you an outlet for confidential support in your personal and professional life