Streem brings a bold approach to the media intelligence industry. We've built an unmatched platform that helps organisations monitor, analyse and respond to news in realtime. Each day we track millions of Print, Online, TV, Radio and Social sources within minutes of publication or broadcast, helping our customers to react as news happens. Technology is at the core of Streem's capabilities, and our nimble, focused engineering team strives to solve product and scale challenges using the best tools for the job. We take pride in our work and enjoy pushing our skills and knowledge as a team.
While our stack is mostly Ruby on Rails and ElasticSearch for API & background processing on the backend + Ionic/Angular SPA on the frontend, our software and data engineers come from various backgrounds and also have experience with NodeJS, React, Python, Vue etc.
Some of us are stronger on the backend, other on the frontend, but we all work collaboratively top to bottom. We run our infrastructure in AWS/GCP cloud but also manage multiple physical servers monitoring local broadcast across the country, aiming for the sweet spot between monolith and micro-services.
A passionate software engineer with 4-8 years of experience across the whole web stack, familiar with Rails & Angular or eager to transfer skills from similar frameworks. Interest in news & media, data science and NLP or DevOps/Sysadmin are a bonus.
- Work alongside the founders and account managers to improve the existing platform and bring new features to life in our desktop/mobile/admin apps all the way from concept to deployment.
- Write efficient, maintainable and tested code that the rest of the team can rely on and refactor with confidence
- Build upon multiple external APIs and services for NLP, monitoring, crawling etc. to not reinvent the wheel
- Be involved in architecture, technology & tooling decisions
- Deploy every day!
- Great location in Surry Hills (Sydney) 100m from Central Station
- Choice of hardware/OS
- Friday lunches
- Company trips
- Equity possible
- Small team with proven product & revenue: all the opportunities and challenges of a startup without the risks
We are seeking an energetic, mid-level Business Development Consultant to help drive major customer uptake of our realtime SaaS media intelligence platform across PR, Communications and Media teams. This is a unique opportunity to help grow revenues within a fast-moving and technology-driven media business, and bring change to a previously monopolised industry.
Streem is Australia’s leading challenger media intelligence group, delivering realtime Print, Online, TV, Radio and Social media monitoring and analysis to some of Australia’s largest corporate and government organisations. Based in Surry Hills, our team of BDMs, Account Managers and Engineers work around-the-clock to provide news and information that helps inform critical decisions in companies and governments.
An opportunity exists to join the Streem team in a newly created BD role, aggressively acquiring new business as the company expands its media intelligence offering. This role is entirely Business Development focussed and would suit a person with demonstrated sales experience and success, preferably within communications and/or information (though others will be considered). Your conversations will be with mid to top-tier corporate organisations and will be almost exclusively outbound/self-generated.
- Build off the company’s existing blue-chip client roster to develop new relationships, educate customers and sell-in the Streem platform
- Grow and nurture leads from a highly targeted market of PR, Communications and Media Managers and their respective organisations
- Win new business and work with Streem’s existing BD and Account Management team to support and transition new customers
- Be based in Sydney, with frequent 1 or 2 day travel to Melbourne and Brisbane
- Report directly to the Business Lead
- A strong interest in media/communications and technology/SaaS products - A genuine approach to customers, their needs and the ability to solution-sell - A minimum of 2 to 3 years B2B sales experience, the ability to talk on the Phone and present in-person to senior stakeholders - Be strategically minded and innovative in your approach to finding new customers - Impeccable verbal and written communications skills
- Reward you with a competitive salary and exciting commission structure of communications professionals
- Enjoy Friday lunches, regular outside activities and overseas reward travel
We’re a challenger business in a highly monopolised market. We reject office dogs and bean bags, but reward our staff with real incentives including Friday lunches, external activities and regular overseas reward travel for all staff. Streem also has an extremely flat structure of management. The company’s Business and Technology founders manage each of their respective teams, working in tandem to shift customers to our realtime media intelligence platform. More information is available at www.streem.com.au
If this role interests you then we would be pleased to see your application. Please apply via email to hr [at] streem.com.au with a short introductory paragraph (incl. relevant sales experience) and your Resume. Please note only those with the legal right to work full-time in Australia will be considered.