About the Company
Streem delivers comprehensive and realtime Print, Online, Television, Radio and Social media intelligence to corporate and government media teams across the ANZ market, helping them to monitor, analyse and respond to news as-it-happens. A challenger business in a highly monopolised market, Streem applies technology and human intelligence to deliver customers a fast, flexible and innovative media monitoring and analysis platform on Desktop, Tablet and Mobile. Privately backed and with a Board of industry executives, Streem is seeking significant growth as it challenges the monopoly provider and presents a new and exciting media intelligence experience to the market.
About the Role
The Media Analyst role works within the Insights team at Streem. The Insights team is responsible for producing bespoke one-off, monthly, quarterly reports for our Communications clients. These reports are typically used by clients to inform their communication strategy, report on performance and are typically shared with C-suite executives and Board members. As a result, our work is consultative and a highly valued service at Streem, working with our most senior clients.
Our analysis reports include a mixture of data-driven Insights, key bullet points and a series of easy to digest charts and metrics. Our clients appreciate our direct and clean approach to commentary and the design-led style with which we present our reports.
Our team of analysts are focused, hardworking and very inquisitive! We work in a multiskilled approach with analysts responsible for all aspects of the report production process – the research framework, query writing and data management charting, writing key findings and working directly with clients.
Media Analysts will work in small teams reporting to the Insights Manager or a Team Leader, to share the workload, continually improve their skill set and work across a range of different project levels.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working as part of a wider Insights team on Media Analysis reports for a variety of Tier 1 and Tier 2 customers
- Reading and rating media coverage for sentiment
- Setting up data searches/queries for data extraction
- Designing report templates for new customers
- Creating and updating charts with our data visualisation tools
- Analysing coverage and identifying key findings for our clients
- Writing key Insights and executive summaries
- Sending reports to clients and presenting through research from time to time
- Identifying new charting options and constantly improving client reports
- Working on a distinct group of customer reports, which may change from time to time
- Training and mentoring newer members of the team
- Taking part in team activities such as report retrospective meetings
- Working with Tech and Product from time to time to provide feedback and suggestions on internal tools
- Working collaboratively with other teams from time to time on key business projects, such as Account Management, Sales, the Leadership Team and Product.
The Insights team is growing fast, come and join our hardworking, fun team on rewarding work and be part of the Streem growth story!
- Work from our brand new Surry Hills office, 3 mins from Central station, including end-of-trip facilities and bike storage
- Working with a group of 100+ dedicated, motivated, and loyal staff
- In-house dining (lunch) prepared by Streem’s dedicated chef 4x days per week
- External reward activities based on performance
- Access to education and training paid for by Streem, to the value of $3k per year for each staff member + access to salary sacrifice
- Additional leave including your birthday and mental health days when you need them
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), providing you an outlet for confidential support in your personal and professional life