About the Company
Streem delivers comprehensive and realtime Print, Online, Television, Radio and Social media intelligence to corporate and government media teams across the ANZ market, helping them to monitor, analyse and respond to news as-it-happens. A challenger business in a highly monopolised market, Streem applies technology and human intelligence to deliver customers a fast, flexible and innovative media monitoring and analysis platform on Desktop, Tablet and Mobile. Privately backed and with a Board of industry executives, Streem is seeking significant growth as it challenges the monopoly provider and presents a new and exciting media intelligence experience to the market.
About the Opportunity
Employment Type: Full-time/Part-time
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Remote & Surry Hills, NSW
Duty to Report: Report directly to the Manager – Production Services
We’re on the hunt for a media-savvy, detail-oriented Media Researcher to join Streem. Every day we deliver customers realtime Print, Online, TV, Radio & Social media intelligence that helps them to take action in the media via Streem’s media platform.
What you’ll be doing
This is an entry-level research role and candidates with previous customer-facing or media/news/content experience are encouraged to apply!
Working from our Surry Hills offices (less than a minute walk from Central station), you will be responsible for:
- Performing quality-control of TV and Radio content + media item processing + marking up advertisement content
- Maintaining and expanding journalist database via online and phone research
- Collaborating with Account Management and Insights and Reporting teams to prepare basic analysis and perform sentiment coding according to client briefs
- Performing basic data entry, research and media analysis activities associated with Streem’s customer base
- Performing research into Streem customer keywords, profiles, brands, stakeholders and key dates
- Liaising with Streem’s Account Management team and feeding back customer requests to ensure the platform/product meets their needs
- Database maintenance and quality control of news content flowing through the platform
- CRM maintenance and quality control of all data entries within the tool
- Providing manual data feedback on AI/Algorithmic functions to improve the accuracy of the output
What skills you’ll need
To carry out this role, you will need to have a keen eye for detail, a strong command of the English language and be deadline-driven. On-the-job training will be provided, however a background or education in Media/Communications/Journalism is preferred! Graduates of Media/Communications degrees with experience in research and Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets will be looked upon highly.
What are the Benefits?
- Work from our brand new Surry Hills office, 3 mins from Central station, including end-of-trip facilities and bike storage
- Working with a group of 100+ dedicated, motivated, and loyal staff
- In-house dining (lunch) prepared by Streem’s dedicated chef 4x days per week
- External reward activities based on performance
- Access to education and training paid for by Streem, to the value of $3k per year for each staff member + access to salary sacrifice
- Additional leave including your birthday and mental health days when you need them
- Access to Streem’s Long Term Incentive (LTI) plan, directly aligning the company’s performance to your own financial outcome
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), providing you an outlet for confidential support in your personal and professional life